Contact Us

Office: (561)739-7935
Direct Lines: (561)452-2444, (305)407-8933
Fax: (561)731-2997

About Membership

Again, our office handles all types of immigration or immigration-related cases. Here are some examples:



Rondon Legal offers comprehensive representation and legal strategy for foreign nationals seeking to travel to the United States in non-immigrant status. There are, essentially, twenty-two types of non-immigrant visas, and several subtypes, that can be obtained to travel to the United States. Non-immigrant visas are classified by the letters of the alphabet. Most visa types include a subtype for a spouse or child to follow the principal. In general, the visa types available are:

A Visas: High-level diplomats, foreign government and international organization employees only

B Visas: Tourists or business visitors

C & D Visas: Crew Members of different types of international vessels (air, cruise, etc.)

E Visas: Treaty-Traders (for example, international airline employees) and Treaty-Investors (investors seeking to make a substantial investment in a productive U.S. business, whether new or existing, which they plan to direct and control). These visas typically last for 2-5 years and can be renewed indefinately.

F Visas: Students (higher education, community college, language school, secondary school)

G Visas: Employees of certain international organizations (e.g. OAS, World Bank, WTO)

H Visas: Temporary workers working for a U.S. employer for up to 6 years. Within this category are three subcategories that are popular visa options for foreign nationals:

• The H-1B visa is the most common type of work visa obtained in the United States It is available to foreign nationals with bachelor's degrees or higher engaging in specialty occupations or those jobs that require a bachelor's degree. The petitioner of a H-1B visa must be a U.S. company. However, H-1B's are available in certain circumstances, per USCIS policy, to entrepreneurs seeking to start their own company in the United States.

• The H-2B visa is available for U.S. companies that wish to temporarily employ skilled or unskilled foreign workers in nonagricultural jobs in the United States.

• The H-3 visa is available to companies seeking to obtain visas for foreign nationals to enter the United States to receive training in commerce, agriculture, government, professional occupations, finance, agriculture, or in an industrial establishment.

I Visas: Journalists

J Visas: Exchange Visitors, including trainees of multinational corporations such as hotels, foreign medical graduates in a residency program, and au pairs, among others

K Visas: Fiance(e)s of U.S. Citizens (K-1), their children (K-2), and Spouses of U.S. Citizens coming to the U.S. to await green card approval (K-3)

L Visas: Intracompany Transferees, including executives and managers (L-1A) and those employees who have specialized knowledge (L-1B). This visa is widely used by multinational corporations to transfer employees from foreign offices to the United States. It may also be used by foreign business owners seeking to establish a new business or buy an existing business in the United States. L-1A visas may be renewed up to 6 years, and offer a direct path to Permanent Residence through the equivalent Multinational Executive/Manager immigrant visa category.

M Visas: Vocational School Students

N Visas: Nurses

O Visas: Individuals of extraordinary ability in the arts, sciences, business, etc.

P Visas: Performers, including musicians, athletes, actors, etc.

Q Visas: Participants in certain government-approved exchange programs. Often called the “Disney Visa” by practitioners.

R Visas: Religious workers i.e. existing employees of religious organizations brought to the United States by that organization to work for the organization in the U.S.

S Visas: Informants of criminal activity. Known as the “snitch visa” by practitioners.

T Visas: Victims of Human Trafficking, past or present

TN Visas: Temporary Work Visa similar to H-1B for qualifying Canadian and Mexican citizens.

U Visas: Victims of Qualifying Criminal Activity who have suffered substantial physical and/or mental abuse.

V Visas: Spouses and children (under 21) of Lawful Permanent Residents whose spouse/parent filed Form I-130 with USCIS prior to December 21, 2000 and whose priority date is not current


Permanent Residence, or the “Green Card,” is perhaps the most sought after immigration benefit in the United States. It is also one of the most difficult to obtain. There are several ways to obtain a green card under U.S. law, and Rondon Legal assists clients with all of these categories. They are:

Family Immigration

Immediate Relatives: Immediate relatives (spouses, parents and unmarried children under the age of 21) of United States Citizens may apply for permanent residence upon the approval of a petition filed on their behalf by their U.S. Citizen relative. There is no limit to the amount of visas available. Immediate relative cases are typically processed within 4-8 months in the United States, and between 7-12 months abroad. Spousal Immediate Relative Petitions usually take more time for USCIS to complete, and always require an in-person interview at a USCIS local office.

Family-Based: Relatives of U.S. Citizens (unmarried children over age 21, married children over age 21, brothers and sisters) and Lawful Permanent Residents (spouses, unmarried children under age 21, unmarried children over age 21) can also apply for permanent residence upon the approval of a petition filed on their behalf by their U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident relative. There are annual limits to the amount of visas available, and, due to the backlogs, actual receipt of a green card may take several years, depending on the category. For nationals of some foreign countries, visas or parole status may be available prior to obtaining the green card. Contact our office for more information.

Derivative Status: In certain cases, spouses and children of principal aliens who have already immigrated to the United States on behalf of an approved petition may use that same petition to immigrate to the United States. These family members are called “derivatives.” The law requires that the spouse or child was included in the original petition and that the petition fall under one of the family-based or employment-based categories. Derivative family members of immediate relatives may not immigrate to the United States based on the approved immediate relative petition, but, rather, must each have their own immigrant petition filed and approved. Rondon Legal has successfully brought derivative family members to the United States even years after the primary family member has emigrated to the United States. Please contact our office for more information.

Cuban Adjustment Act: Cuban Citizens and their spouses, regardless of which country the spouse may be from, may avail themselves of the protections of the Cuban Adjustment Act (CAA), a policy that has been in effect in the United States since 1962. According to the CAA, Cuban aliens who prove that they were either inspected, admitted or paroled and who have been physically present in the United States for more than 1 year may adjust their status to permanent residence. The rule is the same for Cuban spouses, except that the spouse must prove that his or her marriage to the Cuban national is bona fide, just as in immediate relative marriage-based cases.

Waivers: In certain circumstances, due to being out of status, having entered the United States illegally, or being convicted of a criminal offense, among other situations, foreign nationals may not obtain their green cards without an immigration waiver, or pardon. These cases are among the most complicated in immigration law, and require the involvement of a competent and intelligent immigration attorney. Rondon Legal can provide such legal representation in all types of immigration waivers. Our office is well versed in the law of waivers and has helped many foreign nationals obtain their green card both inside and outside the United States despite criminal convictions or being out of status. Please contact our office for more information on our waiver practice.

Employment-Based Immigration:

Foreign nationals may also obtain permanent residence to live in the United States for employment purposes. There are five categories of employment-based permanent residence available to foreign nationals. Rondon Legal assists clients in determining which category applies to them, and then offers comprehensive legal representation to the client in obtaining a green card through this process. This includes representation in such complex categories as extraordinary ability, national interest waivers, EB-5 millionaire investors, EB-5 regional center investors, alien physicians, etc.

The categories are, more specifically:

• Priority Workers (EB-1): This category includes (1) persons of extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts or business, (2) outstanding professors or researchers, and (3) multinational executives and managers being transferred to the United States. With regards to the final category, this may be used by companies that have a presence both abroad and in the United States that have either a parent-subsidiary or affiliate relationship. This type of green card may be used both by large, multinational corporations or by smaller companies with an international presence, and has been used successfully by our firm on behalf of entrepreneurs.

• Advanced Degree Professionals or Persons with Exceptional Ability (EB-2): Under this category, there are three subcategories of aliens that qualify: (1) persons of exceptional ability in the sciences, arts or business, (2) advanced degree professionals, and (3) qualified alien physicians who will practice medicine in the United States in an underserved area. Aliens that fall under this category must either obtain a Labor Certification or apply for a National Interest Waiver (NIW) to immigrate to the United States without passing through the labor certification process. The National Interest Waiver (NIW) is available to those foreign nationals who are (1) seeking employment in an area of substantial intrinsic merit to the United States, (2) whose employment will provide benefits to the United States that are national in scope, and (3) whose abilities in the field of employment are so substantially above those of his or her peers that forcing the person to go through the labor certification process would adversely affect the national interest of the United States. The procedure is somewhat streamlined and less complicated for alien physicians than it is for other aliens falling in the EB-2 category. Attorney Rondon has a proven track record of success in obtaining national interest waivers on behalf of foreign nationals, and enjoys obtaining green cards for his clients under this category.

• EB-3 Skilled or Professional Workers: This category includes (1) skilled workers with at least two years of training and experience, (2) professionals with bachelor's degrees who do not qualify for the EB-2 category, and (3) unskilled workers. All aliens falling into this category require a Labor Certification. The backlogs in this category also tend to be greater than the EB-2 category.

• EB-4 Special Immigrants: This category includes (1) Religious Workers, (2) Employees and Former Employees of the U.S. Government abroad, and (3) Translators with the U.S. Armed Forces.

• EB-5 Investors
: Rondon Legal provides comprehensive legal representation to foreign investors seeking to immigrate to the United States, from analysis of regional centers and corporate investment opportunities to the removal of conditions on residence. Investors may immigrate to the United States under the EB-5 category in three circumstances: (1) Aliens who are able to invest at least $1,000,000 in a U.S. commercial enterprise and directly create at least 10 new full time jobs, (2) aliens who are able to invest at least $500,000 in a U.S. commercial enterprise located in a Targeted Employment Area and directly create at least 5 new full time jobs, and (3) aliens who invest at least $500,000 in a USCIS approved Regional Center that creates, either directly or indirectly, at least ten new full time jobs with this investment. In each of these scenarios, Rondon Legal directs the EB-5 process on behalf of our investor clients, making sure that our clients and all advisors involved, including, among others, accountants and tax attorneys, corporate attorneys, economists, business plan writers and investment advisors understand the requirements of EB-5 law. Rondon Legal also connects our EB-5 clients to a network of trusted professionals, if the client desires, and tries to offer as many services in house as possible so as to keep cost relatively low for the EB-5 client. Please contact our office for more information regarding EB-5 Investor Visas.

In addition to these employment-based immigration categories, Rondon Legal provides further, comprehensive legal representation in the following areas of employment-based immigration law:

Labor Certification: In most employment-based immigration situations (see above), an employer must obtain a Labor Certification from the U.S. Department of Labor prior to petitioning for the alien employee to come to the United States. Rondon Legal offers comprehensive legal representation before the Department of Labor, the Department of Homeland Security and the Department of State to U.S. companies seeking to obtain a labor certification for a foreign national. In order to obtain a labor certification, a U.S. company must file the application electronically through a process known as PERM. Companies must prepare all documentation in support of their PERM applications in advance of filing, including proof of advertising for a specific position, skill requirements for a particular job, the employer's ability to pay, and verification of the prevailing wage, usually done through the state where the position is located. Rondon Legal guides its corporate clients through the complicated PERM process every step of the way, and offers comprehensive audit representation in addition to preparation and filing of applications.

EB-5 Regional Center Projects

Rondon Legal also provides experienced legal representation to clients seeking to establish their own USCIS approved EB-5 Regional Center through the I-924 Regional Center Application process. The decision to establish an EB-5 Regional Center is not one taken lightly and is not an appropriate investment vehicle for all projects. Because of this, Rondon Legal offers counsel to its Regional Center clients from the very beginning regarding the viability of an EB-5 Regional Center project. Once this course of action is adopted, Rondon Legal assists the Regional Center clients in the drafting of security instruments and corporate contracts which will govern the regional center. We further connect our clients to seasoned EB-5 economists and business plan specialists who are essential to the preparation of any successful Regional Center Application. Finally, Rondon Legal provides comprehensive representation in the preparation of the I-924 Application, an exemplar I-526 petition, and the presentation of the application along with supporting documentation to USCIS. In the event of requests for evidence, Rondon Legal also offers its services in responding to these USCIS requests. Moreover, Rondon Legal does all of this work in multiple languages, insuring that clients and their advisors feel at ease about the EB-5 Regional Center process. For more information, please contact our office.


Deportation is one of the most stressful situations that a family can face. It can tear a family apart at the seams, destroying all of the achievements that you have made here in the United States. Deportation proceedings can be started against a foreign national in the United States for any number of reasons, not only because the person is illegally in the country or has committed a particular crime. The government has even, erroneously, detained and deported U.S. citizens.

If you face the prospect of deportation from the United States, you cannot do it alone. You need competent, aggressive, and effective legal representation to prevent deportation or mitigate its effects. Rondon Legal has a proven track record of success in defending individuals from deportation in a whole host of situations. We know that in this difficult time, you need an advocate by your side that will fight by your side every step of the way. In the past, Attorney Rondon has helped countless clients across the United States from countries all over the world to obtain release from immigration detention and/or to avoid deportation. He is experienced not only in representing foreign nationals in immigration court but also in complex and difficult removal cases not always undertaken by other immigration attorneys, including Motions to Reopen, Appeals, and Federal Court review. If you are facing deportation proceedings or have an order of deportation, do not face this situation alone. You need a competent attorney by your side who speaks your language and can defend you before those who wish to tear your family apart and destroy your dreams. If you are in this situation, please contact our office to schedule a consultation.